For new readers

To get an idea of what I'm trying to do and why I think it's possible, check out the following entries, they'll help get you up to speed.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Fattening up

I've started training in earnest again - one week under my belt.  Felt a bit like i was starting at rock bottom, but this of course is relative for me.  Ran 5 miles five days ago and i'm still sore - the run felt sloppy, like i was doing it for the first time - and felt pretty tough throughout.

I'm still eating everything in sight, sleeping 9-10 hours a day, and drinking loads of coffee....isn't this all part of the recovery process.  Not sure how much longer i can claim to be in this phase though.  I'm off to Bemidjii this afternoon for "work" and think i'll 'drag' the tire along for a sprint workout.  Right back into the deep end.

I've also committed to having another go at Nationals this year.  The race is about 8 weeks away - pretty close to my perfect period for for peaking.  Wow.  thats some sweet alliteration.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment