For new readers

To get an idea of what I'm trying to do and why I think it's possible, check out the following entries, they'll help get you up to speed.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Karma and Pink Swimwear

I had to scramble to fit in my workout today - 4 x 150 yards on 1:55, leaving every 2:30.  After incorrectly looking at the pool hours and a longer than expected lunch meeting, my only recourse was a mad dash to the new Choice Health and Fitness center right after work.

Even though i was at the 3 lane dedicated lap swim pool right when it opened at 5:30 pm, there were already five people in it.  I had to share a lane with a guy wearing a striped pink speedo (yeah, the skimpy kind).  This cramped my style and threw off my mental game so much that i missed my goal paces by a mile (coming in between 2:00 and 2:05) - at least thats my excuse. It was the first workout in a while where i didn't show improvement.

To make matters worse, the pink bathing suit pretty much schooled me, even though i was sprinting and he had a pull buoy between his legs.  At least i hope that was a pull buoy.

The fact that all this happened the same day i wrote a post about what a bad ass I am is no coincidence. Karma is a bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment